Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Incrimental imporvements

Spent some time on the phone calling clinics yesterday and found one with an opening in Late September! Still seems a long ways off, but still better than a stick in the eye.

I spent two days this week in a class on project management. I think it was a test to see if I would go crazy or not. I'm not a project manager and while I pull a few tiny morsels of goodness from the class that might apply to my life, the rest of it was worthless to me. The first day was manageable with copious amounts of caffeine, but by the time the second day came around it was a constant struggle to not fall asleep and track what was going on in class. It got really, really bad. I was head bobbing and hearing words that I was unable to process in any sort of sensible way. It was exhausting and when group work came up I had no idea what we were supposed to do! Thankfully my fellow group members didn't really care, they knew I had no business being in the class and just went about the work to be done without me. I felt a little guilty, but not too much so.

I find a forget a lot of things and I'm trying to decide if I'm forgetting more than I did before or not. It seems like i am, but that could just be that I'm looking for problems too. I worry from time to time that in addition to ADHD something else might be wrong. I don't know what exactly, I'm way too young for Alzheimer's and I don't think I've eaten any mad cows recently.

I wish I was able to just go buy the drugs and do this myself. i so want to begin treatment and enjoy more out of life, but it just seems like it's taking forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment