Thursday, January 21, 2010

I quit

I stopped taking Stratterra. We just didn't get along. I don't know, maybe it will help other people, it seems to be a strong drug. Strong enough to mess me up three ways from Sunday.

The worst of it was the sleeplessness and along with that, the messed up dreams. Here are a few highlights. Mind you because you don't sleep well, you have a certain level of consciousness in your dreams which I am sure isn't a good thing for your psyche.

I had one dream that if I fell asleep I would die. You know what happens next right? I dies in my dream which is just all sorts of messed up because everyone knows you're not supposed to die in your dreams ever right?? Well as I was plunged into a dark silent abyss of death, I was somewhat conscious of my dream even though I was asleep. I freaked out and tried to wake up, and for, I don't know 30 seconds or so I couldn't wake up! Finally I popped awake to find I had produced enough sweat and adrenalin for a whole basketball team.

The other dream was that I was talking in some sort of broken gibberish, but not just nonsensical noise, almost a language, it kind of made sense, but again in my semi sleep state I consciously knew that the human mind wasn't really capable of coming up with this kind of organized gibberish which mad em think that I was being possessed by demons. Fun stuff.

Oh, and then their was the one when I was driving in a full on apocalyptic snowstorm, trying to get somewhere that was really important, life and death kind of important, and while my car was doing a remarkable job of driving through 3 foot deep snow, the damn thing kept turning off as I was driving meaning I had to fiddle with the key to get it to run again, the whole time frantically trying to get somewhere which strangely enough wound up being Microcenter?!?!?

Anyway, I'm dine with the pills and I see my Dr. today to see what's next.

I should also point out that just because you quit Stratterra doesn't mean it has quit you. Things are better, but I still know it's at work in my brain doing fun things, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I've also noticed I'm rather agitated since quitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment