Monday, January 18, 2010

Straterra Part 2

So, I still haven't had a good night's sleep since starting Straterra about 2 weeks ago. I have been taking some sleep aids I picked up at the grocery store, but they don't seem to do much of anything to make me tired. I have another appointment later this week, and I hope the Doc has something better for me to try.

I am now at the 80mg dosage and for the first half of the day I was an absolute zombie. I take the meds at night to avoid the side effects, but since it has a long half life, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I feel disoriented, dizzy, and I think I can feel my brain freaking out a little.

The drug has done nothing to improve my life, and in fact I'd say I'm worse off than I was before I started taking it. I can't concentrate on anything and I find myself nodding off frequently. I should point out that the drug often takes several weeks to show positive signs, but from what I've been able to gather it works best at tempering the more "hyper" issues of which I have, but keep in check pretty well. I need help with the concentrating and attention part of the problem. I think if you were hyper this drug would bring you down. If you were a rampaging elephant this drug would bring you down!

Anyway, I have to go contemplate witting Eli Lilly a nasty letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment