Monday, October 12, 2009

More Observations

So, I'm trying to get comfortable with Adderall, and while it works, I don't feel like it's going to be the best possible medication. Perhaps I will be proved wrong.

Adderall does help with energy level and focus, but I also have almost no appetite while I'm on it which means I get no joy out of eating or making meals. My job in the house is chief cook so this has been a problem. I have also experienced a higher instance of indigestion, or heartburn. I have had heartburn from time to time generally when under great stress, or after eating something really really funky, but no more than a couple times a year. Since adderall, I have had heartburn every few days.

Sleeplessness, and dreams have become an issue. I don't get tired as easily, but I can fall asleep. It isn't as restful as it could be. I find myself waking up more often during the night and I am having more vivid dream sequences. These seem more often to be the sort of in control dreams when you're aware that your dreaming and can direct the dream, but weird dream stuff is still going on. I have had a few nights where sleep has been very difficult, but taking the drugs before 1pm seems to help that issue.

I rarely pee during the day now. It usually hits me in the evening when my second dose should be wearing off and then I'm going about once an hour or more for a while. Not really a big deal, but it drives my wife nuts when I pause the movie we're watching so I can go pee again.

Conversely, I am drinking more during the day. I often feel parched and need a drink during the day.

I think I mentioned this in a previous post, getting and maintaining a stiffy has become a little more work. Things still work, but a little more effort seems to be necessary.

All in all, nothing super serious, just a few nitpicks to cause me to think that perhaps another medication may offer me a better solution. I have been enjoying the added focus. In fact as I write this I remembered I forgot my afternoon dose and I have having a hard time getting things done in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment