Friday, October 2, 2009

Oct 2nd

I have officially put my medication to the first real test. I had two days of computer training which would normally be very difficult for me to endure. In the past I would have a hard time listening for any length of time and I would be nearly catatonic by lunchtime.

I was able to keep connected to the class the entire day without any perceivable problems paying attention. This was quite a breakthrough for me. I did have one off experience during the first day. Before the Adderall had a chance to take effect I was pretty sleepy so I grabbed a cup of tea (I hate coffee and didn't have change for a soda. The effect was pretty weird. I had tons of energy and a case of permagrin. I couldn't stop smiling and was really hyped up pretty good. It wasn't all together an unpleasant feeling, but not appropriate to the situation. I get a little of the same feeling but less pronounced when I take my second pill of the day, there must be a little overlap causing a boost of medication. I would take the second pill a little later, but then I run the risk of not being tired at bed-time.

Other observations this week.

My intake of sweets has dropped of quite significantly. I believe that I used to self medicate with sweets when my energy levels fell to a certian point. With the medication I don't have the lows, so there is no need to reach for the bag of candy.

Sex, yep, I'm gonna go there. I've noticed a moderate decline in sexual appatite and a more difficult time performing as I'd like to. Things still work, they just take a little more effort than before.

Forgot pills. One day this week I forgot my pills. I went back to my "normal" state with little difference to report. I did miss the better feelings I had with the pills, but no negetives to report.

Fidgeting. I'm a firgeter, I admit it. Drives my wife nuts. Mostly this is seen with the bouncing leg thing. I had read or been told that this behavior may decline with medication. I haven't seen that to be the case. In fact I might be doing more if anything.

Starting tomorros I am going to change up my routine to see what happens. I am going to go from my one pill twice a day routine to two pills in the morning and one in the afternoon. I want to see if I see any noticable improvement with an extra pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment