Wednesday, June 10, 2009

College Part 2

So, after graduating with a two year degree I found out that two year degree's are just about as valuable as well I'd say toilet paper, but under the right circumstances, that has value. My younger brother was switching to a new college that had a program I was interested in and we decided to go together. I was 25 and returning to college as a full time student.

I really sort of found myself while at college. Being away from home was good for me and the college experience helped me a lot personally. I still didn't quite fit in because i was a bit older than most and not the most social person in the world. Having my brother there helped because I learned for watching him interact (he was more social than I) and it helped me get introduced to new people.

I still had the same struggles with schoolwork as I did before. I found it especially hard to concentrate in some of the classes where I felt I already knew the materials because of previous class or life experiences. I struggled through math and statistics as well. But I was a more confident person and handled it better than I did before. I felt a little more like I was on the same level as the instructors that I did in the past and that helped me communicate with them more, which in turn lead to more help and better grades.

I also began dating in college. It was and odd realization that all this time I had thought I was undesirable only to find that dating was actually pretty easy, and I was well liked.

College ended 2 years later with a BS and a 2.85 GPA, not superstar, but something I could be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment