Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Realization Day

I have always been "absent minded" but neve thought of myself as being ADHD. Oh sure from time to time there would be a joke tossed out, but seriously nobody ever said you should go get tested. I never thought I had ADHD.

One day I had upset Clara, I hadn't been listening and had been forgetting things more than usual and in frustration she said what are you ADHD or something? You should go get tested, something is wrong with you.

Well it stuck with me and I took an online test. If you suspect you're ADHD you've probably take it yourself too. Just Google ADHD test and you'll find it on several sites. I scored a 90 and the comment was that I should seek a mental health professional immediately.

Immediatly? Really, I'm just a little forgetful it can't be right, anyone would score high on this test, I'll take another one, yep, scored an 88...Immediately really me? ADHD?? What the hell. I was stunned, I had Clara take the test, she got a 22. I'm a 90, immediatly, WTF? I'm friggin ADHD?

It would explain a lot I guess. But I'm sure the therapist would come back with something less urgent than immediatly right?

No comments:

Post a Comment