Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last few days

I haven't written in a few days, been kinda busy, and I have ADHD :)

Anyway, no more bad jokes. I've just been waiting. I called my old diagnosing therapist and had her send the rest of my chart info to my new Psychiatrist to hopefully forgo the whole testing issue. I'm hoping to hear something relatively soon.

I continue to see how ADHD affects those around me. Funny how after you understand why things are the way they are you find yourself recognizing the things you've been doing. My wife is doing the same thing and has begun to change the way she handles me knowing what she knows now. I can't say for sure that she's much more patient with my issues, but she has adapted how she responds to get a more positive reaction from me. I think this is a good thing, maybe.

For example, I often drift off in a conversation and when it would be my turn to speak I would either say nothing or grunt an answer. In the past she would get mad and tell me how awful a person I am (exaggerating a little), now if I don't come back with a suitable response I get a "respond" or "It's your turn to talk" out of her which feel a little like I'm being treated like a child, but it's what gets the job done and keeps her from blowing her top, at least it does until she has to do it like 35 times.

I have a vacation coming up and there has been a lot of preparation for it going on. I find it has me pretty well distracted from my job which at the moment is pretty boring run of assignments. I'm kinda struggling and drinking a lot of caffeine compared to my normal state, which is no caffine. I am making progress though and hope to be done with the worste of it today. Which reminds me Lunch is over and it's time to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment